Foster-Kinship Caregiver Advocate
The Alberta Foster and Kinship Association is looking for a Foster-Kinship Caregiver Advocate to join our team!
Consider applying for this important role within our team if you have the following:
A solid understanding of the:
- Experience and expectations of Alberta’s foster and kinship caregivers
- Alberta Child Intervention system
Experience (3+ years):
- Working in the field of Alberta Child Intervention, and/or
- Directly supporting foster and/or kinship caregivers in Alberta (preferred)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Expectations:
- Relevant degree or diploma in Social Work, Human Services, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive Issues
- Commitment to honour confidentiality
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Supporting with a diverse range of individuals
- Capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Knowledge of needs analysis on an organizational level
- Ability to maintain and report accurate records
- Willingness to travel throughout the province
- Current Class 5 Driver’s License Closing Date: This position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found for our team!
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found for our team!