AFKA’s 49th Annual Training Conference and Awards Banquet
2023 Call for Presenters!
Alberta Foster and Kinship Association’s training conference and awards banquet is designed to provide supplemental training to, and recognition of, Alberta’s Foster and Kinship Caregivers. Held annually in late October (26th-29th) in the gorgeous town of Jasper, Alberta, we are looking for skilled presenters/leaders/trainers, who are passionate about their field of expertise. The success of our conference is built on a foundation of strong content, relevant to the caregiver community, that better equips them with the day-to-day challenges of being a caregiver.
This year we are looking for presenters on the following topics:
- Emotional Regulation of Self
- Drug Trends/Addiction/Warning Signs
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Mindset Shifts/Awareness to Change Thoughts
- Self-Wellness/Care for the Caregiver
- Indigenous Teachings
If you would like to be considered for presenting at this year’s conference, please fill out the form below. For questions about the form, please contact Cassandra Bencz at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-701-4092.
Deadline to Submit: August 11, 2023
AFKA’s 50th Annual Training Conference 2024 Call for Presenters!
With so many talented trainers in Alberta and leaders in their fields of expertise, we’d like to expand our pool of professionals who’d like to support our conferences and bring even more depth to what we offer our caregiving community! We know that there are so many knowledgeable, skilled, and compassionate people in Alberta that would like to be involved in reaching this demographic, those who can provide insight into specific areas of training that caregivers may be looking for.
Some examples of the types of desired trainings are:
- Emotional/psychological training (trauma-informed caregiving, anxiety, depression, LGBTQ2S+, gender identity, loss and grief, attachment, etc.)
- Culturally specific trainings (Multi-cultural, Indigenous cultural teachings – the role of the band designate, offering protocol, language and language lessons, traditional foods, significance of cultural dance and regalia, traditional parenting, etc.)
- Practical training (care for the caregiver, cyber-bullying/internet safety, drug trends/usage/awareness, effective communication, development of cultural support plans, having effective collaborative and/or crucial conversations, etc.)
Deadline to Submit: January 15, 2024
If you’d be interested in presenting at our 2024 conference only, please email email@example.com
Online submission forms will be available in October, 2023.