This bursary is designed to help in continuing education in a college, university, vocational institution or other special educational pursuits. A minimum of two bursaries will be awarded annually by the AFKA, depending on the availability of funds.
- Applicants must be/was a:
- Child/Youth placed in foster care
- Child/Youth placed in kinship care
- Adopted Child of a licensed foster or approved kinship caregiver
- Biological child of a licensed foster or approved kinship caregiver
Applicants must submit an online application and provide necessary documentation to include in the application which includes:
- A 300 – 500 word essay on, “Why I Want to Further my Education and be considered for an AFKA Bursary”.
- Proof of application or enrollment in a post-secondary institution for the current application year at the time of bursary application, or as soon as it is received.
- Students must have applied to their intended program of study before applying to be considered for an AFKA Bursary
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation from present or former foster or kinship caregiver or social worker
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation from one of the following:
- school principal
- guidance counselor
For complete details and to apply online, please visit the bursary page on our website at: https://www.afkaonline.ca/programs/bursary/