Family Fun Art Contest
Contest opens on April 1st, 2022 and will close on May 31st, 2022 at midnight.
This art contest aims to inspire creativity in children and youth, giving them an opportunity to have their art published on a greeting card. The cards will be used for various purposes such as, but not limited to, caregiver recognition, holiday greetings etc. In addition, all art submissions that fit within the contest criteria will be published in a video or slideshow format on the AFKA website, AFKA social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram) and/or through email to AFKA’s email distribution list(s). Selected entries will also receive a small prize!
Theme: “Family Fun”. What does Family Fun mean to you?
Up to one (1) winning selection will be made from each of the following gage categories (2-5 years, 6-9 years, 10-13 years, and 14-17 years) within each Region (South, Calgary, Central, Edmonton and North), dependant on entries received.
Eligibility: This contest is open to all children and youth currently in care of a licensed/approved foster or kinship caregiver within Alberta (biological, adopted, foster, and kinship). Foster or Kinship Caregiver must be a Caregiver Member of the AFKA.
Criteria and Guidelines:
- All submissions must be 2D original artwork created by hand (such as a drawing, painting)
- Accepted mediums include paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, oil pastel or charcoal
- Minimum size of artwork – 4’x6” (landscape/horizontal)
- Art will be accepted up to a maximum size of 8.5”x 11”, but similar sizing (4”x6”) is preferred to prevent unwanted artwork cropping (landscape/horizontal)
- Must not have any profane, derogatory, or defamatory words
All persons submitting an entry to the greeting card contest must agree to allow:
- Their first name and age to appear on the printed greeting card
- Their first name and age to appear in digital display of artwork on AFKA website, social media platforms and/or video hosting sites
- Their art to become the property of the Alberta Foster and Kinship Association; all copyright is transferred to the Alberta Foster and Kinship Association
- The Alberta Foster and Kinship Association to use their artwork submission for any/all promotional and marketing materials (not used for profit or to produce items to be sold for profit
- Their art to be shared with Alberta Children’s Services or Contract Caregiver agencies for the purposes of using images for printing greeting cards (not for sale)
- Their art to be displayed in the AFKA office
Deadline: The applications for the Family Fun themed art contest will open on April 1st, 2022 and will close on May 31st, 2022 at midnight.
When will the winners be notified?
We do not have exact dates at this time when creators of selected art submissions will be notified. We hope to notify them in early July. The selected pieces and their creator (first name and age only) will be announced on our social media platforms and through our email list. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and join our Email List.
Email: image (jpg), first name and age of artist, and contact information of caregiver to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will make every effort to respond within 24 hours to confirm receipt of artwork submission. If you do not receive a
confirmation email, please contact our office at 1-800-667-2372 (Monday – Friday, 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM) to confirm.
Mail: image (original), first name and age of artist, and contact information of caregiver to:
AFKA, #303, 9488 – 51 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T6E 5A6