Click on the topics below to reveal the links. Need more information on a topic or have a link to recommend? Email us!
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites not maintained by the AFKA. AFKA does not endorse any content on websites not under its control. The AFKA is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of other websites.
- Adolescence Can Be a Difficult Time – Tips from the Alberta Teacher’s Association
- Dealing with Childhood Fears
- Dealing with Today’s Teen Issues
- Growth and Development, Ages 11-14 Years
- How Adolescent Thinking Develops
- Talking to Your Adolescent of Teen about Problems
- Violent Behavior in Children and Teens
- Allies for Autism (Calgary)
- Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary (AAFS)
- Autism Calgary
- Autism Central
- Autism Society of Alberta (ASA)
- Autism Society of Edmonton (ASEA)
- Canadian Autism Intervention Research Network (CAIRN)
- Centre for Autism Services Alberta
- Chinook Autism Society – Lethbridge and Surrounding Area
- Society for Treatment of Autism (STA)
Call 911 if you or the person you are reporting is in immediate danger.
Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437 (KIDS) to get help if you, or children you know, are being neglected, abused or sexually exploited. If you believe a child is at risk, you must report it. Help is available in multiple languages 24/7.
- AIDS Calgary Awareness Association
- Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network
- Canadian Alberta AIDS Network Society (CAANS)
- Canadian Liver Foundation: Edmonton and Northern Alberta
- Canadian Liver Foundation: Calgary and Southern Alberta
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Edmonton
- HIV North Society
- Lethbridge HIV Connection
- Medicine Hat Cares Centre
- The Pathway to Better Mental Health – Making Every Step Count for Children in Care
- Children’s Link – Alberta Mental Health Services Directory
- Casa Services
- Children’s Mental Health Centre
Children`s Mental Health-Crisis Line
Phone: (780) 427-4491
Provides immediate crisis telephone support to children, adolescents and their care providers.
Kids Help Phone
Phone: 1 800 668 6868
Kids Help Phone is a free, anonymous and confidential phone and on-line professional counselling service for youth available 24/7.
Kids Help Phone launches texting services across Canada
Need Help Now? Text: CONNECT to 686868