Documents/links that are relevant to Alberta’s foster and kinship caregivers, compiled in one easy to access page.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites not maintained by the AFKA. The AFKA does not endorse any content on websites not under its control. The AFKA is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of other websites.
“The Office of the Child and Youth Advocate (OCYA) is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, mandated to work with vulnerable young people.
The OCYA provides individual and systemic advocacy for children and youth receiving “designated services” as defined under the Child and Youth Advocate Act. This includes young people receiving or attempting to access services under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and the Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act; or who are involved with the youth justice system. The OCYA also provides access to legal representation for young people receiving child intervention services, offers public education, and conduct investigations in serious injuries and deaths of young people receiving designated services.”
– https://www.ocya.alberta.ca/ (February 8, 2022)
- Child Intervention Intake and Response Team (CIIRT): 1-800-638-0715
- Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437
- Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818 (toll-free)
- Income Support Contact Centre: 1-866-644-5135
- Emergency needs such as food, shelter and transportation
To request support from the AFKA during office hours, you may contact us at 1-800-667-2372 or complete a request for support below. You may also use the forms below to request support from the AFKA outside of office hours.